09/06/2017 - 7:30pm
Tickets go on sale three days before the tour date at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
2017 Tour dates:
- Friday, June 9, 2017 at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm (ticket sales start at 10 am, June 6)
- Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm (ticket sales start at 10 am, July 6)
- Monday, August 7, 2017 at 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm (ticket sales start at 10 am, August 4)
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm (ticket sales start at 10 am, September 3)
The National Park Service provides visitors the unique opportunity to climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse at night under the light of the full moon. Full Moon Tours are a great way to experience this historic structure as the light keepers would have on their nightly watches. Rangers guiding the tours will share stories of keepers of old and give climbers a rare peak at the working light in the lantern room. On a clear night, the full moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean is a breathtaking site. This tour may be cancelled if weather conditions are unsafe (i.e., high winds, storms, and/or lightning in the area).
- Children must be at least 42" tall and will be measured prior to climbing. Children must be capable of climbing all steps on their own. Keep in mind that some children may not enjoy the dark, sometimes claustrophobic environment.
- Children 11 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult who is 16 years of age or older.
- No person may be lifted or carried.
- Running, jumping, or stomping on stairs and landings is not allowed.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew tobacco in the lighthouse.
- No pets, other than service animals will be allowed.
- Do not arrive in heels over 1.5 inches high or with bare feet.
- Leave umbrellas in your car.
- Backpacks, tripods, coolers, beach bags, and other bulky items also need to be left in your car.
- Throwing any object off of the lighthouse is unsafe and may get you in big trouble!
- Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Climbing Info