In April of last year, the Midgett Realty team was rocked when one of our own lost her battle with cancer. Monica Scarborough, a long-standing Reservations Sales Agent, was a beloved friend and member of the Midgett Realty team. Working side by side with her for any length of time, you would quickly learn a few core things about her that made her so special:
1. Her family was her everything.
2. She adored her husband, who was also her best friend.
3. She preferred the simple things in life—Bud Light, Nascar, LaFogatas Mexican food… the exception being her Michael Kors bags and Dinky’s Tuna Croustini’s!
4. She ate Lay’s Potato Chips and drank Diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast in a way that made you gain 5 pounds just by watching her, which was frustrating for anyone trying shed weight since she had the figure of a model.
5. She was tough as nails, but had a giant teddy bear heart.
Because of that last one, those of us surrounding her coined ourselves “Monica’s Mean Team”. We would stand strong for her when she was unable. But in what was a blow to us all, her time with us was much shorter than anyone could have anticipated.
Now that we cannot stand with her, we will run for her.
Started in Monica’s memory are the Hatteras Hillbilly 5K and Flip Flop Trot, which will take place on March 28th, 2020 at 4pm. All proceeds from the event will fund a scholarship for a graduate of Cape Hatteras Secondary School whose life has been touched by cancer. Please join the Midgett Realty team as we honor our beloved friend by running in her memory.
View the full event here.