Are you a night owl visiting Hatteras Island in 2019? Well, you won't find a disco and you won't find many places open past 9:00pm on this quiet little island get-away, so we've taken the time to map out a night life guide for those who just "got to boogie".
Rodanthe, Waves and Salvo (Tri-Village Area) Bars:
1. StingWray's Bar & Grille: This casual, Caribbean-themed restaurantoffers open-mic night, karaoke and band nights! No one gets down quite like the Tri-Village crowd so make it a night of fun and entertainment you'll never forget!
2. Watermen's Bar & Grill: Offering a delicious dinner menu and daily drink specials, this REAL Watersports affiliate has teamed up with Carolina Brewery to bring you the Sky Blue Summer Concert Series, a summer-long series of live music on the waterfront deck.
Avon Bars and Nightlife:
3. The Froggy Dog: Serving lunch and dinner seven nights a week in season, this long-loved island institution also offers nightly entertainment from karaoke to live music. Open late until 2:00 am, be sure to check them out on your trip to the island.
4. Turner’s High Moon Bar: With a mixologist on board, this crafty little bar in the heart of Avon offers 21 draft beers and 8 draft wines and cocktails. They also provide a mix-n-match to-go wall of refrigerated beers, including a large selection of specialty beers and ciders. Hit these guys up on Facebook for in-season hours and their nightly event calendar.
5. Pangea Tavern: A member of the Koru Village family, this quirky little tavern in front of the Avon Pier takes pride in offering global cuisine and with that, they also offer a variety of unique entertainment. From “Tuesday Brewsday” to “Thirsty Thursday”, you can always find something off of the beaten path at Pangea Tavern.
6. Beach Klub: Nestled near the beach with a spacious pool in its center, this outdoor arena features some of the big ticket events in the Hatteras Island entertainment industry. From The Embers to The Wailers to Holy Ghost Tent Revival, you’re sure to find a well-curated music night for every palette.
7. The Sports Bar: This cool little Buxton bar is a man’s-man’s bar. Made with a sportsman’s tastes in mind, but certainly suitable for women, you’ll find a plethora of billiards from pool to foosball and a pack of TV’s perfect for watching “the game”. Open later than many others in the area, you can catch those late night fights without having to worry about waking the kids. Perch yourself at their spacious bar in the laid back atmosphere and sports fanatics will never want to leave!
8. Pop’s Raw Bar: Emanating the small town feel of Hatteras Island, this little island gem packs a serious punch. With delicious seafood and burgers, they also offer a full bar and with that, late night entertainment a couple times a week.
-Sandbar & Grille: From their free Poker League to Karaoke to Saturday night music nights, this legendary island business is no stranger to the late night scene. With an outdoor deck overlooking the sound, it’s a great spot to sit in the summer breeze while catching some great tunes with a cocktail in hand.
Frisco Nightlife and Bars:
9. Capt’n Rolo’s Raw Bar & Grill: Friday night music nights at “Rolo’s” are an Outer Banks must. Folks from all over come to pack themselves in to hear some island tunes while mixing with the local crowd. With a full bar and fun, friendly staff, you’re sure to have an amazing night at Rolo’s!
10. The Wreck: This fun little bar at Hatteras Landing Marina offers music on the deck with drinks from "The Wreck"! A great little local menu will ensure you stay nourished during a night filled with boogieing. Live Music every Thursday outside at the Hatteras Landing Marina and live music inside The Wreck on Fridays.