6 Oct 2021
If you're eating at a Hatteras Island table be sure to bring an elastic waistband, because just when you think you can't stuff any more in, they start passing the desserts. Here enters the delicious Hatteras Cake.
Hatteras Cake Recipe:
1 lb Raisins
2 c Flour
1 ½ c Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
½ c Butter, Melted
1 c Pecans (Optional)
2 Eggs, Beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put raisins in a saucepan and cover with water about ½“. Boil for 10 minutes.
3. Sift together dry ingredients.
4. Add raisins and remaining boiling liquid from saucepan.
5. Add beaten eggs. Mix well.
6. Add melted butter. Mix well.
7. Add nuts if desired.
8. Pour batter into 9x13” baking pan.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.